Dental Implants have multiple advantages
- Natural Appearance, Abilities, and Feel – A set of teeth on stable and secure implants will work and feel like natural teeth. This is done by attaching new natural looking crowns (the upper segments of teeth) to the dental implant. With dental implants, you can eat and chew most foods and have a beautiful, natural looking smile.
- Long Life – By practicing the proper care, dental implants are able to last for a lifetime. In comparison, traditional dentures will only last for a five to seven year maximum after which they must be replaced.
- No Public Embarrassment – Since dental implants are permanent structures, they become like a natural part of your mouth. You do not need to worry about any embarrassing moments from having your dentures fall out or an unnatural looking smile.
- Healthy Bone Growth – Traditional dentures leave the wearers’ tooth sockets empty, which can have negative effects. This results in disadvantageous impacts like bone resorption. However, dental implants give wearers the benefit of Osseo-Integration which encourages bone growth.
- Get a Natural Smile and Retain Facial Contours – Since traditional dentures can cause bone loss in the jaw, it may also have a poor effect on your smile and cause your facial contours to distort. You can avoid this with implant supported dentures and have a beautiful and healthy smile.
- No Night-Time Removal – Dental implants work like natural teeth and stay in your mouth permanently. There is no need for removal, as is needed with conventional dentures.
- No Storage Problems – Dental implants do not require removal or storage in a solution like with dentures.
- No Handling Care – Dentures can potentially crack or break, if they fall on a hard surface. Since implants are permanently in the mouth, no special care is needed.
- Speak Normally – Speech problems can happen with new dentures, particularly when they are first being worn. Your speech will not be affected with implants, since they are like natural teeth.
- No Cavities – If regular hygiene is practiced and observed along with regular dental visits, the implants will stay shiny and healthy.
- More Reliable – There are virtually no repairs that are required with dental implants. The only adjustment that may be needed is re-tightening.
Dental Implants for Replacing Teeth
There are many options for replacing any number of teeth with dental implants. The choices offered range from a full set of implants that are fitted permanently over the jaw to one single implant for a single molar. There is a popular choice that is known as an ‘all-on-four’ bridge. This involves placing four implants in locations and angles that are chosen carefully. This bridge will replace and improve your natural missing teeth. Dental implants need enough healthy bone structure so the implants can take stresses (like chewing). If there isn’t enough bone in the specified areas, bone grafts can be used in order to fix the situation.
The lack of enough gum flesh is a similar issue, because it needs to cover the implants for aesthetic purposes. Many diabetics have porous bones and, are therefore usually advised to not get dental implants. You should consult with your doctor to determine if they are a viable option for your tooth replacement. To learn more about dental implants, click here.
Check Out Our Others Posts!
Both dental bridges and implants are good options for teeth replacement, but if you aren’t sure if dental implants or bridges are a better option to replace your missing teeth, then don’t worry! Whether you have questions are about the process or the cost, we will...
Choosing the best cosmetic dentist for is key to ensuring that you get excellent results and friendly, comfortable service. Patients should know that cosmetic dentistry is not officially recognized as a specialty in modern dentistry, so any dentist can...
Dentures- What Can I Eat? Dentures restore oral abilities and your smile. However, they are not your natural teeth, and not parts of your body. You should not expect to use them the same way as your natural teeth. Denture patients should carefully watch...
A denture is worn throughout the day, and therefore should be as comfortable as possible. Dentures do not require surgery like dental implants do, so they are a much less invasive option for replacing teeth. Dentures need to be functional as well as...
A Trusted Name In Dental Implants
Zahid H. Ahmed, DDS, FICOI, FAGD
Committed to exceptional dental care, with a gentle touch.
Dr. Zahid Ahmed combines current advances in dentistry with holistic health to bring patients the best possible dental care. His goal is to provide patients with personalized service, creating lasting relationships based on trust and expertise.
Dr. Ahmed received his DDS from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. He has worked as an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCSF and maintains a position as Clinical Instructor at Stanford University. He is recognized as a Fellow in both the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (FICOI). He believes continuous learning in dentistry allows him to stay current, and provide the best possible dental care for his patients.
Contact Us Today!
We proudly serve the San Francisco Bay Area including Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, San Francisco, and the entire East Bay. We are located in the historic Pill Hill Neighborhood in Oakland.
Zahid H. Ahmed, DDS, FICOI, FAGD
Monica Louie, DMD
Call: (510) 338-3117
2844 Summit St, Ste 206, Oakland CA, 94609
Mon: 9am - 6pm
Tues: 9am - 6pm
Wed: 9pm - 5pm
Thurs: 9am - 5pm
Fri: 9am - 1pm